Our rigorous selection model is in line with our mission and vision. Thus, all exercises revolve around the candidate’s potential to inspire and motivate students, as he or she becomes a transformational leader through full-time employment at one of our partner independent schools.
We look for candidates who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A deep belief in the potential of all children and a commitment to expand opportunities for students
- Demonstrated leadership ability across a variety of settings
- Strong achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Perseverance in the face of challenges and the ability to adapt to changing environments
- A strong desire to do whatever it takes to improve and develop themselves and their community
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to motivate others
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Long-term commitment to reaching goals and a strong desire to improve and develop, both personally and professionally
At Teach For Qatar, we are working to provide alternative solutions to the challenges facing Qatar’s students, by providing individuals who have no prior teaching experience a unique opportunity to give back to society.
By attracting talent from outside the education sector to the teaching profession, Teach For Qatar seeks to introduce fresh perspectives into Qatar’s independent schools, to not only increase the number of teachers in Qatar, but also embed practical industry experience within the classroom.
*We do not currently accept applications from current or past teachers, or individuals who hold an undergraduate degree in education. This is because our aim is to expand the talent pool within the education sector for the overall benefit of Qatar’s future leaders.